November 3, 2022
Loftware partners with Koenig and Bauer Coding to optimize print automation
Senior PR & Communications Manager
We’re pleased to share the news that we have agreed a partnership with Koenig & Bauer Coding, the specialist for coding technology in the Koenig and Bauer group - the world's oldest printing press manufacturer. As part of this agreement, Koenig and Bauer and its partners will offer Loftware NiceLabel solutions to their customers. We have also collaborated to develop support for the Koenig and Bauer range of industrial marking and coding printers under both Loftware NiceLabel and Loftware Spectrum platforms.
The all-in-one Loftware solutions support all marking and coding technologies across the supply chain, such as thermal transfer/ direct thermal label, TTO, CIJ, TIJ, DOD, LCM, P&A, laser marking, and MFP. This means that we have all areas of industrial on-demand printing covered, from messages on products to secondary and tertiary product labeling.
Paul Vogt, Loftware VP Channel & Alliance Strategy and Programs, said: “I'm on a mission to help companies of all sizes transform their labeling, marking, and coding. The partnership with Koenig and Bauer Coding takes that mission another major step further.”
What does this partnership mean for end-users?
Commenting on the collaboration, Emely Übler, Koenig and Bauer Coding Product Manager, Print & Apply, said: "Automation projects are my favorite. Loftware offers us a great platform for implementation and extensive functionality for our customers. I love to see their enthusiastic reactions, which means that it really makes their daily work much easier."
Some benefits this collaboration will bring to end-users include:
- Users of Loftware Spectrum and Loftware NiceLabel can now drive Koenig and Bauer Coding printers and vice versa with the confidence that print performance will be optimized.
- Standardization on one platform that supports the widest range of printer brands and models.
- End-users can now easily integrate all their labeling and marking printers with master data (MES/ERP/WMS).
- Users of direct marking devices no longer need to manually enter the product information (e.g. lot and expiry) date at print time. This information will now pull from their MES. This means no more manual data entry errors resulting in mislabeling, therefore eliminating costly product quarantines, reworks, recalls, or waste.
- End-users will improve their operational efficiency, costs, and sustainability credentials.
Koenig & Bauer customers can contact Emely Übler (email@example.com) to find out how they can realize the benefits of this partnership.
- Company News