Loftware Print Server
Don't miss the opportunity to upgrade your Loftware Print server (LPS) solution!
Loftware has announced its plan to retire the Loftware Print Server (LPS) family of solutions with a formal end of support occurring on December 31, 2024. Now is the perfect time to move from LPS to the Cloud!
Operating Systems Compatibility
|LPS Version||Windows Server 2012 R2||Windows Server 2008 R2**||Windows Small Business Server 2011||Windows Server 2016||Windows Server 2019|
** 64-bit only.
+ Windows Server 2012 only.
† Windows Server 2012 R2 support for clustered environments
‡ Windows Server 2003 support by Microsoft ended July 14, 2015.
See Legacy OS Compatibility below for older versions
- High speed multi-threaded print engine handles heavy labeling loads without slowing down.
- Multi-processor support with load balancing between processors.
- Multiple Loftware Print Servers can be used to "divide" the load if necessary.
- Support for Microsoft Clustering for automatic failover (2008 R2) Premier only
- High-speed support for up to 499 target printers across the LAN/WAN and Internet.
- High-speed input thread is notified of incoming print jobs and launches them instantly, regardless of how busy the Loftware Print Server is servicing other requests.
- High-speed printer drivers communicate with the printers in their own native language.
- Printer output streams directed across the Internet are compressed.
- Label Formats and graphics are pre-downloaded to the printers, only data that changes between jobs is sent.
- Documented strategies for optimizing system performance
- Printers and labels can be added to the system without the need for shutting down.
- Runs as an NT service with all applicable security.
- Multiple batch print processes allows full use of available server resources.
Internet Printing Features
- 'iPush®' Technology allows the Loftware Print Server to control printers across the Internet Premier only
- 'iPull®' Technology allows the On Demand Print Web Client to access the Loftware Print Server across the Internet Premier only
- ActiveX Web Control allows you to write your own program to access the Loftware Print Server across the Internet Premier only
Legacy OS Compatibility
|LPS Version||Windows 7 Pro||Windows Vista Business||Windows XP Pro||Windows Server 2003||Windows Server 2008||Windows Server 2012 R2||Windows Server 2008 R2||Windows Small Business Server 2011|
* 32-bit only and ** 64-bit only
- Version 12.3 May 2022
The Loftware Print Server® (LPS) is a scalable high-speed, high-volume marking solution for barcode labels and RFID labels. The LAN/WAN and Internet adaptable technology can act as both a middleware solution for automated business processes and as a back-end component for small, medium, and largescale business systems that desire per-client printing and encoding.
LPS and LLM Download Instructions
STEP 1: Get username and password from Loftware Customer Account Management to download the files below.
STEP 2: After receiving username and password, return to this page and click on the appropriate file to download your software upgrade.
To purchase your Loftware Upgrade, contact our Customer Account Management at 603.766.3630 Option 2. A Representative will assist you with your purchase and provide you with a username and password. You may then proceed to download your Upgrade Online.
|Loftware Label Manager 12.3 (79 MB)||This installs the Loftware Label Manager™. You can download the Installation Guide here.|
|Loftware Print Server 12.3 (125 MB)||
This installs the Loftware Print Server®. If it is detected that there is a previous LPS install, this will also install the Loftware Print Server (LPS) Starter, LPS Standard, or LPS Premier. You can download the Installation guide here.
|Loftware Local Clients 12.3 (40 MB)||
This installs all the LPS Clients required for LAN/WAN based printing. This includes the Web Clients (Web Client, Web Listener, Active X control), the On Demand Print Client for use with the LPS Starter, the LPS Standard, or the LPS Premier.
If you had installed the LPS on your system using the Loftware Print Server link above, you will not need to install this again. This is only needed for workstations requiring just the LPS client applications for LAN/WAN printing.
|Internet Printing Clients 12.3 (20 MB)||
This installs the LPS Premier clients for internet-based printing. This includes the Web Printing Client, the Web Listener, and the Active X control.
If you had installed the LPS Premier edition on your system using the Loftware Print Server link above, you will not need to install this again. This is only needed for workstations requiring just the LPS client applications for internet-based printing.
|DotNet 12.3 (205 MB)||
This installs the Loftware .NET Control which provides the tools for integrating Loftware's barcode printing modules directly into your own applications. (Note that this is a separate installation. Unlike the 2 client installs above, the Loftware .NET Control is not installed using the Loftware Print Server install.)
Note: If you type in the correct username and password, and the download box is NOT displayed, please wait 10 minutes before typing it in again.