Current Position Opening
Loftware is seeking a Technical Writer who is responsible for creating and maintaining technical documentation for its industry leading label and artwork management solutions.
Loftware’s Technical Writers are key members of a highly self-motivated team responsible for the definition and delivery of customer-facing documentation for a variety of enterprise-level software solutions.
The Technical Writer works closely with subject matter experts to understand the capabilities of Loftware’s highly configurable browser based and on-premise software. He or she will accurately and clearly portray these capabilities in technical publications such as online help, installation and administration guides, release notes, technical bulletins, and knowledge base articles.
- Research, plan, develop, and organize installation, configuration, administration, and user guides for Java-based platform-independent enterprise labeling and artwork management software
- Work with subject matter experts to supplement hands-on learning to deliver documentation simultaneous with software-development timelines
- Collaborate with product managers to create technical notes, release notes, and read me files to accompany product releases
- Help technical support and professional services to create and publish knowledge base and internal shop manual articles
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style and to identify content reuse opportunities
- Adhere to and help develop departmental design, development, and writing standards while meeting the deadlines specified in the project schedules
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- Seven or more years of technical writing experience in an enterprise software environment
- Deep understanding of industry standards and best practices such as XML, DITA, single sourcing, and content management
- Skilled using Madcap Flare, Subversion, Confluence, Jira, and Office 365 to develop and manage content
- Demonstrated self-motivation and self-discipline to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a strong passion for innovation and a great user experience
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to distill complex information into clear and concise text
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Ability to interact with various groups across the organization, including Product Management, Development, QA, Technical Support and Professional Services
- Must be able to commute to Portsmouth New Hampshire daily