Current Position Opening
Technical Operations Engineer
Loftware is the global market leader in Enterprise Labeling and Artwork Management solutions with more than 5,000 customers in over 100 countries. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive digital platform, with SaaS, cloud-based and on-premise solutions, Loftware redefines how enterprises create, manage and print complex labeling and packaging artwork and scale across their operations. Loftware solutions integrate with SAP®, Oracle® and other enterprise applications to produce mission-critical barcode labels, documents, RFID smart tags and packaging artwork. Our combined platform – whether for labeling, artwork management or both – enables customers to uniquely meet regulatory mandates, mitigate risk, reduce complexity, ensure traceability, improve time to market and optimize costs as they meet customer-specific, brand, regional and regulatory requirements with unprecedented speed and agility.
Loftware is expanding its worldwide Operations Team and we are looking to hire a Technical Operations Engineer, based in the UK. The Technical Operations Engineer is responsible for building, maintaining and troubleshooting development, QA and production customer AWS environments for worldwide SaaS customer, mission-critical applications use.
This position is a hands-on, deeply technical position responsible for implementing, administering and enhancing our infrastructure for Loftware’s SaaS product offering, as well as looking after the software stack that lives within it. Organizationally, the Technical Operations Engineer role resides within the Loftware Technical Services department.
The scope of this role includes building and maintaining reliable cloud infrastructure and security services in AWS to deliver highly available and scalable solutions that Loftware customers rely on.
You will have demonstrable experience with provisioning, configuring, and deploying enterprise software to Amazon Web Services (AWS). You will also have troubleshooting experience with core AWS services technologies, including EC2, S3, Route 53, Amazon RDS (Oracle, MS SQL Server & PostgreSQL), Single Sign On (SSO), SSL, networking (including VPC’s and ELB’s), monitoring, log file analysis and backups.
- Perform installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of high availability solutions that implement industry standards using AWS.
- Perform proactive system monitoring, technical efficiency tuning, up-time, notifications and automation tasks.
- Administration of Amazon RDS and databases natively deployed within AWS projects.
- Ownership in the diagnosis and issue resolution process, including the determination and provision of workaround solutions or escalation where necessary.
- Installation and troubleshooting infrastructure solutions using both Linux and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, and storage architectures including server and storage sizing.
- Perform operating system upgrades, apply patches and service packs as appropriate.
- Assist with performing work tasks required for each phase of a project.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to other technical members of the company.
- Identify and raise technical risks.
- Serve on internal and customer facing implementation teams for customer installations and go-lives.
- Produce/update documentation on system processes to meet compliancy/auditing regulations.
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- On call/Out of Hours emergency action in the event of environment failure.
- Demonstrable AWS, Linux (Centos/Red Hat preferred) and MS. Windows Server operating system installation/operational experience. Mandatory
- Excellent troubleshooting skills – particularly in an enterprise Java environment involving application servers and databases. Mandatory.
- Good database skills including the use of SQL and associated database management tools.
- Good network skills including subnetting, addressing and VPN.
- Experience/awareness of DEVOPS operations, concepts and toolsets.
- Ability to work under pressure, both in teams and in isolation with a minimum of supervision in 24x7x365 type team structures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)