Current Position Opening
Software Engineer - Java Developer
We are looking for a highly-motivated Java Developer, with functional design and implementation experience. The optimal candidate will have a proven track record of working with business, functional, and technical teams to implement and support solutions to meet business objectives. He/She will work closely with technical leads in developing enterprise class applications and must have a good understanding of, and practical production experience with, distributed Java enterprise application development. The candidate would be an integral part of the design and development of current and future Loftware products, and is expected to contribute to the broader growth and company culture.
You will have experience provisioning, configuring, and deploying software to Amazon Web Services (AWS). You should also have a deep understanding of and experience with core AWS services, including EC2, S3, Route 53, Amazon RDS, Single Sign On (SSO), networking (including VPCs and ELBs), monitoring, logging and backups. Support for additional AWS services is preferred, as is experience dealing with AWS support.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
- HB1 Visa Sponsorship NOT available for this position
- Must be able to commute daily to Portsmouth, NH
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 2-5 years of Java development
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design and development
- Understanding of usability concepts, with the ability to quickly prototype new ideas.
- Experience with Apache Tomcat, J2EE Application Servers and databases is a plus.
- Experience with Hibernate, Spring Framework, JUnit, and Linux.
- Integration with external devices and/or controls a strong plus.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability and experience to either influence or lead a project is required.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with other teams, especially Product Management.
- Ability to create high-level design documentation as needed by the business
- Updates job knowledge by researching new technologies, hardware, and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Fluency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin is a plus