Current Position Opening
Manager of Engineering Technical Support
The overarching responsibility of the Manager of Engineering Technical Support is to ensure that Loftware customers worldwide (24x7x365) receive the highest professional and quality of technical and customer support possible, with efficient resolutions to Software and SaaS environment issues.
Managerial responsibilities include three geographic department regional offices: United States, EMEA and APAC. With 24x7x365 coverage.
All responsibilities of the Manager of Engineering Technical Support contribute to maintaining and improving the level of customer support, customer experience, and product solutions. This position is a strong customer advocate, serving as a bridge between the customer and Loftware non-customer facing departments (Product Management, Development)
- Direct management responsibilities of employees in three geographic department regional offices: United States, EMEA and APAC. Bring consistency and efficiency between the geographic teams.
- Oversee support for over 5,000 active customers that utilize Loftware’s mission critical software applications.
- Provides leadership and guides staff development on technical, professional and interpersonal skills.
- Proactively develops and then executes department plans to meet/exceed Loftware corporate initiatives.
- Authors, reviews and authorizes processes and procedures for use in Technical Support.
- Ensures staff workload is balanced and manageable, meeting customer needs and department goals.
- Engages as necessary to eliminate customer complaints and escalations. Makes necessary proactive departmental changes to reduce them.
- Oversees and drives customer issue escalations from Technical Support, involving other departments (Engineering/Product Management/Professional Services/Operations) within the company.
- Accesses and drives staff technology training and product educational needs.
- Works closely with the Loftware Operations department on troubleshooting SaaS/Hosted environmental issues.
- Liaise with Product Management and Product Development to ensure that Loftware capitalizes on available synergies between the groups and technical support/customer experiences.
- Strong managerial skills, through previous experience managing a software technical support operation that is 24x7x365 with a worldwide customer base
- Exemplary interpersonal and customer handling skills, including conflict resolution
- Extremely customer focused with a high urgency level for customer satisfaction levels
- Very strong verbal, written and presentation communications skills
- Mentoring, teambuilding, and morale building skills
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technology
- High level of personal accountability
- Willingness to travel to customer sites and Loftware EMEA and APAC offices (approx. 15% travel)
Experience / Education
- 8-10 years of direct management experience in a worldwide software technical support environment
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline
- Proven track record of managing a department that meets high-volume call center goals
- Management of a worldwide, 24x7x365 operation
- Experience with managing flexible schedules - night/weekend/on-call in a 24X7 environment.