Current Position Opening
Inside Sales Solution Engineer
Loftware is the foremost authority and market software leader in delivering innovative business solutions for meeting a company’s global labeling requirements. Loftware’s enterprise label and print management software suites enable organizations running Oracle®, SAP®, and other major ERP, supply chain and warehouse management applications to quickly develop and deploy complex barcode label and RFID smart label tags. Our products are certified by both SAP and Oracle and we are SAP and Oracle business partners implementing joint go-to-market plans.
Loftware is expanding its US operations and we are looking to hire an Inside Sales Solution Engineer, based in our corporate headquarters in Portsmouth, NH. The Inside Sales Solution Engineer will work closely with Loftware's Inside Sales Team to drive the adoption of Loftware's enterprise software solutions throughout our large customer base as well as develop new customers.
Work directly with the Inside Sales team to gather customer requirements, sample data and define specific scenarios via virtual meetings. Identify solution components that bring business value to the customer, prepare and present the business value via presentations, demonstrations and proposal. Address technical questions about the solution and be the trusted advisor to the customer.
To ensure the clients' and Company's needs are met, the Inside Sales Solution Engineer will regularly liaise with other members of the Inside Sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, such as Product Management, Engineering, Professional Services and senior management. This is a customer facing role, you are representing Loftware.
- Collaborates with Loftware Inside Sales Representatives in identifying and evaluating technical solution design.
- Be the trusted advisor to the customer bringing together their requirements with Loftware capabilities resulting in potential revenue opportunities.
- Assist in the development of presentations, tools, and the execution of the sales strategies resulting in new business revenue as well as growing existing relationships.
- Develop the customized value proposition and sales strategy on a per account basis and understand the technical and business challenges of the prospect.
- Work with customers, including C-level executives to build presentations, proposals, statements of work (SOW) and assess risk.
- Partner with Inside Sales team to navigate complex selling environments.
- Report internally on customer requirements in an organized fashion to assist product marketing and product management in defining future product requirements.
- Ability to understand supply chain concepts and identify the business impact of a process change in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Ability to articulate a proposed future state to illustrate the functional processes and business benefits.
- Knowledge of the business value of various Supply Chain principles
- Knowledge of the business value of differing manufacturing models such as contract manufacturing
- Knowledge of the business value of differing distribution models and the impact they have on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to simplify and convey highly technical information for audiences with varying degrees of technical and business knowledge.
- Ability to assess client’s needs and management requirements and creatively provide solutions that address those needs, solve clients’ problems and add value to the clients’ organization.
- Technical aptitude; the ability to understand new technologies and related environments.
- Ability to learn new technology through self-study.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following environments (SAP, Oracle e-Business Suite, Seibel, J.D. Edwards, PeopleSoft, Infor, Microsoft, QAD)
- Knowledge of Supply Chain practices and the use of, ERP, CRM, WMS or MES systems.
- Familiarity with databases in Oracle and/or SQL Server
- Knowledge of information security issues
- Knowledge of system and network management issues
- Knowledge of: LDAPs, Operating Systems, Databases, Webservers, Application servers
- Knowledge of Web Services, Service Oriented Architecture, Web Based UI’s
- Ability to work in conjunction with Sales and Product teams in identifying, educating, and developing long-term strategic relationships with targeted clients and partners.
- Make technical presentations and demonstrate how a product will meet client needs;
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education;
- Provide training and produce support material for other members of the Sales team
The qualified candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent along with 3-5 years in a technology environment and experience in software solution development in a pre-sales capacity. You must be tenacious, intelligent and entrepreneurial in nature. You should have a good understanding of sales methodologies and automation. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are an absolute must. Travel may be required.
- Demonstrated and clear understanding of the SOLUTION and VALUE based sales process
- Able to build trust and rapport quickly and develop influential relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Strong business acumen
- Competitive drive and determination
- Customer focused
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Must be able to grasp technical concepts quickly and translate them into business value
Driven to create value in a growing organization