Current Position Opening
We are now looking to hire a Developer-Solution Engineer, based in Portsmouth, NH. This Engineer will report directly to the Director of Technical Services and Support. This position will work closely with Loftware's Professional Services and Development (Engineering) Teams. The core responsibility of this position is to develop and configure complex engineering solutions for Loftware's enterprise software solutions to meet our customer needs. Our products are certified by both SAP and Oracle; we are SAP and Oracle business partners.
The Developer-Solution Engineer is responsible for technically assisting the Pre and Post Sales Professional Services and Support teams, and Loftware’s customer base.
To ensure the clients' and company's needs are met, the Developer-Solution Engineer will regularly liaise with other colleagues from a range of departments, such as Product Management, Engineering, QA and Senior Management.
- Understand customers’ requirements and their technical architecture
- Develop complex solutions through in-depth configurations
- Troubleshoot development code to identify defects
- Define the technical approach and design
- Install and configure the solution
- Provide business consulting/advise on the installation and configuration options
- Initiate project management and reporting disciplines
- Instill trustworthy and resourceful relationship between clients, partners and Loftware
- Establish effective communication protocols
- Understands the need to comply and conform to both Loftware’s and the Customers specific set of rules and regulations for on-site engagements.
- Manage and report on client projects and opportunities
- “Hand-hold” throughout planning and deployment
- Specify the technical approach and design
- Coordinate training criteria and program objectives
- Encourage post-training support
- Previous hands-on experience with database administration in Oracle and/or SQL Server, T-SQL, PL-SQL
- Development and interpretation of technical requirements
- Knowledge of information security issues and tools
- Technical aptitude; the ability to understand new technologies and related environments.
- Ability to learn new technology through self-study.
- Ability to translate highly technical information for audiences with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Familiarity with application administration in one or more of the following environments (SAP, Oracle e-Business Suite, Seibel, J.D. Edwards, PeopleSoft)
- Strong knowledge of ERP, CRM, WMS or MES systems.
- Knowledge of system and network management issues and tools
- Working knowledge of: LDAPs, Operating Systems, Databases, Networks, Webservers, Application servers
- Knowledge of Web Services, Service Oriented Architecture, Web Based UI’s
- Assess client’s needs and management requirements and creatively provide solutions that address those needs, solve clients’ problems and add value to the clients’ organization.
- You will be expected to work in conjunction with Sales and Product teams in identifying, educating, and developing long-term strategic relationships with targeted clients and partners.
- Provide training and help produce support material for other members of the Professional Services and Support teams
The qualified candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent along with 7-10 years in a technology environment and experience in solution development in a software or ASP environment. We require at least 5 years in the enterprise management industries, experience with solution development in a software environment consulting to Fortune 500 companies. You must be tenacious, intelligent and entrepreneurial in nature. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are an absolute must.